A little bit of Katy!

Give yourself a +1 for cultural building in observance of Buwan ng Wika when you watch Katy!

Kay! The musical tells the life story of the Philippine's very own queen of Jazz and bodabil, Katy dela Cruz. The play features a live orchestra, Asosasyon ng Pilipinong Musikero (AMP), whose music is arranged by Ryan Cayabyab and Jose Javier Reyes. Now that's OPM right there.

I have to give props to for the beautiful dress that Isay wore done by Fany Serrano. So sparkly.

I had no idea Isay Alvarez was such a good singer (I first saw her on the telly, that gave me no inkling to her being a theater actress) and Aicelle Santos with her jazzy voice. I love Katy's jazz-singing parts to bits! The Katy's were all such lovable characters that I have to hand it to the actresses for doing such a good job.

There is enough praise in each of its respective theatrical aspects that you need not to hear from me. I had a lovely time watching the play and you'll be able to see some snippets of the show here in the next few days. I give you my word its a show you will enjoy.

Catch the last show tonight at 8 PM in the Meralco Theater. Go go go! =)

No comments: