Movie Titles that Sounds like...

I came across a trailer to a film called "Let's Scare Jessica To Death" (1971) a good old' Friday scare-all movie. Dear reader, please pass the popcorn.
I wouldn't watch this just so soon but my trolling senses are tingling

The first thing that came to mind when I read the title was the 1974 Filipino film titled "Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara" which directly translates in English as "Scare Barbara to Death". The two films have completely different plots.

Which got me asking folks from the Cinephiles group on FB. If they can name films with similar titles? Answers ranged from pun to funny.

Check out which titles struck out after the jump










 

I got over 160 responses that's around more or less 320 different movie titles minus films that were intentionally parodied. Titles like "Titanic and Tatay Nic" or "The Mummy Return and The Mommy Returns" which puns are definitely intended. Now I have more or less a years' worth of film titles to watch on my free time.

What film titles do you find similar? Or do you know of film titles that are even funnier?

No comments: