The Good, The Bad, The Weird

On picture: Lee Byung Hun in The Good, The Bad, The Weird (not the actual dialogue)
I seriously missed out on a must-see movie that is The Good, The Bad, The Weird but I got to see it lately and oh boy was it a treat! Three seasoned actors all in one film, and beat this, its theme is an Oriental Western action in the 1930's Manchuria setting, how awesome can that get? It's the West in ASIA!!

LOLMICS ahead.. you have been warned

Now here's the part where you say "Geez you really have a lot of time on your hands now don't you?"

Basically I'm blown away by the movie although it can't help but be said that Lee Byung Hun totally pawned it! Honestly I'm too much of a fan of him since I've seen his previous works and lately his drama series IRIS but yeah.. I missed out on this blockbuster. If I had seen it then... you'd find my name on his fan listing.

Apart from Lee Byung Hun who plays Park Chang-yi (The Bad), who appeared in G.I. Joe Rise of the Cobra as Storm Shadow. There is also Jung Woo-Sung as Park Do-won (The Good) whose works I could name only a couple which I've seen name Sad Movie and Daisy (which happens to be a favorite of mine); and last but not the least is Song Kang-ho who starred in the critically acclaimed hit The Host. It's not for me to say that these three are really all that, for all you know their getting a good word from me because their previous works which are among my favorite films.

My rating: 4.5 out 5
Definitely an entertaining piece that was put together by a good plot, good stunt choreography and I like it better than Indian Jones. Just from the promotional materials alone which introduced the characters
The Good as "A man who was too proud to be bad"
The Bad as "A man who desired too much to be good"
and the Weird as "A man who was too wacky to be good or bad"
that alone would have caught my attention to watch but ironically I saw the film first before any of the promotional materials.

It might not be the season's best Christmas film but it's one hot flick that will surely fire up some action in the dead of winter out there where the snow is getting pretty bad.

Later days, kids.

No comments: