Excuse me, I'm a Filipino too

For the past few days I have been making blog posts written in my native tongue here & here. I thought I didn't have it in me to produce such blog posts in just straight Tagalog. Its a shame that I haven't done the same for this blog with an exception of a couple of Tagalog phrases that I translate for my readers.

Today is yet another day for mourning, A great woman in the Philippine society has passed away (Tita Cory Aquino) around 3 in the morning while my friend's father passed away an hour later. I can be bothered much about it since I have my own problems to worry about. I would have love to re-create another post about Cory but my Tagalog one would have been enough.

Image uploaded by Joe Galvez

I would just love to live by a quotation by her:
"Ako’y nagpapasalamat sa inyong lahat at lalong-lalo na sa Panginoong Diyos at ginawa niya akong isang Pilipino. Talagang karangalan ko iyon, na maging katulad niyo at maraming salamat sa lahat ng tulong na ibinigay niyo sa akin."
(I'm thankful to all of you most especially to the Lord God because he made me Filipino. Its truly an honor, to be like you and thank you very much for all the help you've given me)

I do not wish to leave this earth not being able to do anything to reform my views of my fellow Filipinos who think that we have it bad when really, we're just a little bit better of than the others. I pray for the peace of these two souls to find eternal peace in their paradise.

Later Days

No comments: